From our experience, the most successful questionnaires have a clear goal and are tied directly to ongoing marketing activities (e.g. product launch, case study generation, etc.) We recommend you read our Selecting a Marketing Initiative help topic.
Beyond developing a clear understanding of what you want TechValidate to generate, we offer some best practices and important tactics for increasing response rates for questionnaires:
- Ask questions that capture specific benefits that differentiate aspects of your product, so that the response data will reflect positively on your product when published.
- Questionnaire Design Methodology: Here is a link to our walkthrough for reverse-engineering questions from your ideal end statements.
- Here is a Sample Questionaire for reference. If you have any questions or would like us to review your questionnaire before sending it, please send us an email at email@example.com.
Tactics for increasing response rates for questionnaires:
- In our email campaign, list the 'Sender' of the questionnaire as an actual person at your company (e.g. an executive at your company or a sales or support person that the customer might know). You can configure this setting on the Options page in the tool.
- Be cognizant of other emails outside of TechValidate going out to customers from your company
- Scheduling emails for Monday and Tuesday mornings for the highest response rate.
- Importing a strong customer list that represents engaged customers.